ComponentOne, a division of GrapeCity*, is located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, where it serves as the headquarters of GrapeCity's Developer Tools business. A leader in the Microsoft Visual Studio component industry and a Gold partner of Microsoft. ComponentOne focuses on providing its customers with innovative components, controls, tools, and solutions. ComponentOne was recently acquired by GrapeCity. Learn more about the acquisition.
Founded in 1980, GrapeCity is an award-winning Microsoft Gold Certified Partner, a premier Visual Studio Industry Partner and one of the world's largest providers of developer components. The company has more than 850 employees and tens of thousands of customers worldwide. For more than 30 years, GrapeCity has provided enterprises around the world with state-of-the-art developer tools and components, software services and solutions.
Our flagship product, Studio Enterprise, is designed to meet Microsoft Visual Studio developers' evolving development needs, whether working in Windows Forms, Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), ASP.NET, ASP.NET MVC, Silverlight, Windows Phone, iPhone, .NET Compact Framework (Mobile), or ActiveX. In addition to Studio Enterprise, we also offer ActiveReports reporting components, Spread Excel-like spreadsheet controls, jQuery UI widgets; and, a long-recognized Help authoring tool for technical communicators who write and develop Help systems.
It's our mission to help our customers realize their full potential. We constantly update and improve our products, and continually mature our company to be in the best position to deliver innovative products as new technologies emerge. We aim to provide:
- Microsoft Visual Studio developers, designers, and architects with a premier studio of components, controls, tools, and solutions that enables them to efficiently build applications and projects for Windows, Web, or Mobile.
- Technical communicators and authors with a Help authoring tool that further enhances the world of technical communication.
- World-leading service and support through our globally based facilities, and through our award winning Platinum subscription services, all providing added value and benefits to ComponentOne customers.
At a Glance
- Experience: Developing custom controls for Microsoft Visual Studio since 1987 and providing solutions in the Help authoring industry since 1991
- Target Audience: Software developers, software architects, Help authors, technical communicators, IT professionals and developers
- Users: 75% of Fortune 500 companies use our products
- Product languages: English and Japanese
- Channels: Worldwide distribution through 80 resellers and distributors in over 50 countries
- Awards: ComponentOne has received numerous industry and user accolades including awards from SD Times, The Code Project, Penton Media Group, DevProConnections, Visual Studio Magazine, Society for Technical Communication, and SQL Server Magazine.