What's New in Spread WinRT 7 v3?
This new release provides platform support for Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2, and Visual Studio 2013. In addition, some new APIs were added for feature enhancement and easier programming.
New Platforms Support
Support for new platforms includes Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2, and the new Visual Studio 2013 IDE.
Clipboard API Enhancements
- Add some new values(RangeGroup, Sparkline, Span, Tags) for the ClipboardPasteOptions enum. so user can specify more detail about which content should be pasted.
- Add the source worksheet and source range for ClipboardPasting and ClipboardPasted EventArgs to let user get the source of pasting.
- Make the ClipboardPastingEventArgs.PasteOption and DragDropBlockEventArgs.PasteOption settable, so customer can change pasting behavior.
- Add FloatingObjectPastedEvent to give customers an opportunity to do something after pasting a floatingobject.
- Add the ValidationPasting and ValidationDragDropBlock event to make user can write theire own validation logic before pasting or drag drop.
- Add Operation(string) and Context(object) properties for InvalidOperationEventArgs, so that we can tell users what operation fires this InvalidOperation event, then they can tell the end users what invalid operation happened.
- Add the FilterPopupOpening and DataValidationListPopupOpening event to provide customers with an opportunity to cancel or customize the popup.
- Add Rowsswapped and ColumnsSwapped during sorting rows and columns if two rows/columns are swapped.
- Cache user custom types during deserialization to improve performance.
- Support the CellTextRendering and CellValueApplying to provide the opportunity for users to change the final displaying text or to modify the applied value after editing.
- Add DefaultAutoFillType to make users can specify the default auto fill type.
- Add the ToRow and ToColumn for LeaveCellEventArgs.
- Support StartCellEditing(string defaultText) methods
- The cell tag is now correctly exported to HTML.
- Background images are now saved when exporting to PDF.
What's New in Spread WinRT 7 v2?
A major version upgrade, this release features Excel 2013-like UI touch support, performance enhancements that allow you to import/export Excel files and calculate complex formulas 50-200% faster, 30+ new chart types, enhanced image support, a new formula text box, and more.
This release features Excel 2013-like UI touch support. Provide end users with a rich, interactive touch-centric experience in your applications. At run time, users can now:
- Resize the selected columns or rows by dragging the resize handler and automatically fit selected columns or rows by double-tapping on the handler.
- Scroll by panning on viewport to scroll or selecting and dragging scrollbar by touch.
- Change the range of the selection by dragging the selection handler.
- Zoom in and out of cells by using pinch/stretch gestures.
With 30+ new chart types, you can create expressive 2D and 3D charts within spreadsheets; new chart types include: Column, Line, Pie, Bar, Area, Bubble, Scatter, Radar, Stock, and 3D Surface. Highly compatible with the Excel chart object, charts are editable at run time to provide the richest data user interface imaginable. The Spread Designer lets you add charts at design time or import from an existing Excel file, or you can add charts through code using the comprehensive Chart object model.
You can now contain any image in its own picture layer in a sheet. Get creative with your use of images -- use them to clarify data items, emphasize important information, or reference spreadsheet processes.
Place the new formula text box control anywhere on the form for Excel-like formula editing. End users can edit formulas quickly and easily at run time in a familiar UI by selecting a range of cells when entering a formula in the formula text box. Each reference has a different color; we also support this ability in the cell editor.
Now you can add several floating panels that can contain any UI elements to any sheet. You can use these floating panels to add any control into your spreadsheet, for example you can add path objects to simulate a shape.
Perform multiple calculations on one or more array items. Spread now includes support for a simple keyboard shortcut, Ctrl+Shift+Enter, to enter an array formula for a range of cells making it easy to:
- Count the number of characters in a range of cells.
- Sum numbers that meet certain conditions, such as the lowest values in a range or numbers that fall between an upper and lower boundary.
- Sum every nth value in a range of values.
- And more.
This release includes improved performance for Excel file import and output and formula calculation in the spread control. Load the same Excel file faster, calculate complex formulas faster, and enhance the end-user experience.
Selection Indicator Appearance
You can now change the border color and background of the selection indicator and match the UI theme of your application.
Group Panel Appearance
Customize the background and border of the range group panel.
Enhanced Conditional Formatting
Add priority and stop if true to make conditional formatting complete and flexible, and more compatible to Excel logic.
Underline and Strikethrough
Cells now support underline and strike through font styles.
Save time using modern templates in the designer to design documents. In addition, Spread includes more dialog boxes and ribbon tabs for charts and images.
Tooltip for UI operations
Show ToolTips to provide more information when the end user drags, scrolls, and resizes in the control at run time.
The data formatter now supports formatting cell values according to the culture of the system environment. Cell values show the proper format in different culture environments.
Spread now includes Chinese localization; all messages and UI text are displayed in Chinese if the control is run in a Chinese environment.